I like this idea, and I have another suggestion. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 21:17 (3064 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Now if we could have TTK's fantastic content with HoW's end-game progression system, THAT would be something :)

Yep, that'd be perfect. HoW's way of leveling and gear collecting was miles ahead of anything else Destiny has provided so far. It's odd how TTK's method seemed so good at first, but in the end turned out just as bad, if not worse, than anything else we've seen. HoW nailed it with multiple, reliable ways to gain end-game level gear. I can see where TTK tried to mimic that with infusion being a stand in for etheric light. But unlike etheric light, infusion isn't a reliable when you're waiting on drops.

Etheric light did exactly what you said, and let us expand our options, rather than having to use one specific set of gear that probably isn't ideal purely because of it's light level.

I would still argue, however, that for the average player, the current system is fine. You can get over 300 pretty easily, and that's more than enough for most activities. For those of us that want to do everything however, the grind can really bite. It's a large reason I haven't played Destiny in over a month. Until everyone migrates back to it from all of these new releases, I'm going to stay away. I don't want any part of that grind, unless it's happening naturally while I'm playing with friends.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread