All according to plan (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 30, 2015, 16:16 (3062 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, November 30, 2015, 16:20

2 months after TTK, I have exactly 1 set of armor per character, and 2 of my 3 characters can't even do the heroic raid yet because their level is too low. And if I want to do the hard mode raid with the 1 character who is able to, I only have 1 specific combination of weapons that will allow me to do so. To me, the whole Light Level system of TTK is a complete train wreck.

Not to be overly cynical but this approach seems geared entirely towards keeping you playing as long as possible. I mean, that's what Destiny's progression system has always been about. Only they've moved away from HoW's "I want to keep playing to get cool stuff that I enjoy" it's "I have to keep playing so I can eventually do things I enjoy with gear I don't particularly enjoy, but it's that or nothing".

Not an improvement, if you ask me.

My point is that if you are going to waste people's time, at least make them FEEL like they are getting somewhere by making sure that whenever they play, they progress. You could make that progress less and less the longer you play, but it should be there. It could still take just as long, but if you are always progressing towards that goal, it's going to feel a lot better than FINALLY getting the drop you need, even if the time spent is the same.

So have a baseline progression you know will always happen that you can set the rate of, but then have drops be a BONUS to speed that up.

I don't even LIKE these types of systems and already I thought of a better one :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread