On the other hand... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 30, 2015, 20:48 (3081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Don't we still have that? Raid gear. New Iron Banner gear. Trials gear. All that really needs fixing there is Bungie shouldn't have left all the PoE/Old Raid gear behind in light level. It's pretty silly that beating Skolas (which is still difficult?) only gets you weapons that hurt your light level.

Well that's rolling a few different issues together, as far as I can see.

In HoW, the unique gear was the reward for any given activity. In TTK, each activity does have unique gear... but the gear itself doesn't feel like a reward unless it happens to drop at a high light level. The gear is no longer the focus... the number is what many of us are chasing. In HoW I went out of my way to collect all the Trials gear because I loved how it looked. Now, I'm not happy about getting a new piece of Trials gear unless it drops at a level I can use. That's the difference I'm talking about: in HoW many of us were chasing cool new toys, in TTK it's all about getting that light level up.

As far as the old raids/PoE, that content still has a place in the overall progression of the complete "Destiny" experience. Players who start the game from scratch need stuff to do on their way from level 1 to 40. That said, I do wish there was a way to bring them into the end-game economy in some way... Cody's suggestion at the start of this thread would achieve just that.

Ultimately, I think there should be rewards only accessible by completing tough challenges, but putting players at a damage / health penalty vs other players is not one of those things. There should be ways to even out the penalties without needing teams of 3 or 6.

I'm not sure I follow you here. Are you talking strictly about PvP activities?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread