Fixing end game progression in a game about progressing (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Sunday, November 29, 2015, 15:56 (3071 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How could they do that? Simple. Allow you to infuse lower level items into higher level items. It would take more (perhaps a lot more) to start leveling up the gun, but if you had a light progression bar on the guns similar to you have on your character, and infusing simply raised that up, it would go a long way.

The higher light level the gear you are infusing, the more the bar goes up. Now, no matter what you get, you always have something you can use, and you can still have the "fun" of getting good random drops.

I see no downside at all. It even adds more decision making. Do I use this to level up a weapon, or do I dismantle it for weapon parts? Etc.

This is similar to what I was pondering the other night in the raid. I had the thought that it could be based on the rarity of the item. If it's a purple it will add 1 light when infused; blue would add 1/3 light; an exotic 1, maybe 1 & 1/2.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread