On the other hand... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 30, 2015, 18:21 (3070 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I have one character that can hit 300 now and another that tops out at 299, but that seems kinda fair to me based on what I've done.

I've played a lot of Destiny since TTK, but I've played ~1 card worth of Trials, almost but not quite one complete run of TTK's Raid, only a single week of Iron Banner and zero Nightfall strikes.

Should my Guardians be at 320 despite basically having done little to no high level content? Shouldn't I be at a minor disadvantage in Iron Banner / Trials since there are Guardians who have completed more end game stuff than I have?

Sure, I'd like to hit 320, but by suggesting a system that always has you progressing are we maybe advocating handing out 1st place trophies to everyone regardless of how much they actually accomplished?

Personally, I prefer the TTK approach: your rewards for beating the toughest challenges in the game were cool, unique weapons and armor, as well as etheric light. Players who consistently went to the lighthouse or beat Skolas every week had plenty to show for their efforts :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread