On the other hand... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 30, 2015, 17:55 (3062 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sure, I'd like to hit 320, but by suggesting a system that always has you progressing are we maybe advocating handing out 1st place trophies to everyone regardless of how much they actually accomplished?

I don't think that would be the case at all, with Cody's proposed system. It would be entirely possible to hit 320 by just running strikes or playing regular Crucible. It would take a LONG time to do so, though. It would make EVERY weapon drop good for infusion fodder (although that would really exacerbate the weapon parts shortage, which I hadn't really thought about). Doing the Raid or Trials or Iron Banner would still significantly speed up the process and provide good incentive to do those activities. But it would make it so they're not REQUIRED to reach maximum level.

And honestly, that line of thinking about handing out trophies is part of the problem. I shouldn't have to be in the top 1% of players to reach maximum level and get weapons that are worth a shit and actually fun to use.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread