Interesting how experiences differ (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 29, 2016, 18:35 (3029 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think I only earned like 3 pieces of Etheric Light during the House of Wolves. To me the new system seems more accessible because you have Iron Banner, SRL, Crimson Doubles, Trials of Osiris which can all drop high-level gear up to 320. Anything between 300-320 feels more like etheric light to me than strictly 320 level because items normally drop at less than 300.

I'm with you here. I don't play Trials at all, so Etheric Light was really only available in Prison of Elders. (I suppose there were people who got it as Nightfall drops, but I never did.)

I didn't have high enough light levels to beat level 34 PoE (never mind Skolas himself!), so I rarely got any. I think I only got Etheric Light consistently when they added it to Iron Banner packages.

Contrast that with TTK, where you are GUARANTEED 320 drops if you play the challenge mode of the raid. Warpriest GUARANTEES you a 320 Heavy or Special weapon (or both!), and you can run it 3 times during that week. Golgoroth GUARANTEES you a 320 armor piece, and again, you can run it 3 times during its week. Oryx GUARANTEES you a 320 primary or a 320 helmet (though running ths successfully requires a much better team than either of the other two challenges).

At one point, I ran the Oryx Challenge 6 times in a 3 week period (ran it on a Tuesday x3, then ran it 3 weeks later on the same Tuesday, x3) and ended up with 6 320 primary weapons (and a bunch 310+ stuff at the same time). That's a lot of infusion fodder, in a 3 week period. :) During HoW, I had to wait at least a month between Iron Banners to even ATTEMPT multiple Etheric Light drops.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread