opposite for me (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 16:17 (3028 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm in an odd place on this one.

I wasn't doing trials much at all during house of wolves. Etheric light was at a premium, and I had to specifically schedule events to pursue etheric light, so I could advance forward and "keep up" with friends like cruel who were swimming in etheric light. I found that I felt lucky to get more than 1-2 etheric light per week early on. Trials should never have given out so much etheric light IMO, it was incredibly unbalanced. However, that is what we have in challenge mode now -- trials gives out meh gear and challenge mode gives out loot like candy.

That said, I loved the concept of etheric light. I liked the variety you had, and the ability to reroll legendaries paired with this made a good custom loadout very possible. I got to level and use weapons I liked, in the way I liked them, and it was effective.

The grind is real. I do not regret my decision to have a primary character, with some alts that occasionally get to do things. It's taken a ton of the pain out of the current grind. Except for IB, I still grind IB. It's rarely worth it. =)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread