Interesting how experiences differ (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 29, 2016, 18:46 (3029 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think I only earned like 3 pieces of Etheric Light during the House of Wolves. To me the new system seems more accessible because you have Iron Banner, SRL, Crimson Doubles, Trials of Osiris which can all drop high-level gear up to 320. Anything between 300-320 feels more like etheric light to me than strictly 320 level because items normally drop at less than 300.

I'm totally with you, Blackt1g3r. I found etheric light painfully difficult to get (and for that reason painfully difficult to decide what to spend it on). I'm someone who found high-level PoE a real challenge and Trials impossible. (Doesn't Cruel have a room named after him in the Lighthouse at this point?) That left the infrequent Iron Banner and an occasional Nightfall drop.

320 stuff might be harder to get because of the randomness, and maybe I've learned not to be as obsessive in year 2, but I don't care about being at max light level and don't see myself hitting it. I see incremental progress a lot more frequently, though, and don't feel as frustrated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread