lol (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 29, 2016, 21:00 (3029 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Armor core from 32 and an Exotic shard put you at 33. Two 34 runs put you at 34, which you could do between two characters or take two weeks to accomplish on each character. Weapons didn't need to be 365 to do anything in the end game that wasn't Skolas, and even then you could get by just matching elements.

Being unable to beat the 34 is just user/internet error, if anything.

You're totally right about that last line - but it doesn't change the fact that I (and the group I was with) tried 34 maybe a dozen times, for hours at a time each time, with zero success.

I haven't had that problem with King's Fall. (Well, that's not fair. I HAVE had runs that lasted for hours and got nowhere. Hell, we were stuck not too long ago on the Totems, for 3 friggin' hours! But I have NOT had a dozen failed runs in a row on KF, and I certainly did with PoE.)

Again - it's clear that different types of endgames play differently. PoE requires EVERYONE to be paying attention, whereas Raids don't have this problem - you can lose one or two players in a section and still finish it. Maybe I should have played PoE with different people - I dunno. I just know that my first 34 clear came MONTHS after HoW dropped... while I had success in KF the second time through.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread