Because everything prefixed with "space" is 42% better

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:58 (3971 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Grizzlei, Monday, June 24, 2013, 14:03

Like the five oceans did for the settlers of olden times (refer to Mayflower passenger Claude Errera), space offers the promise of a rich new future for a civilization mired in poverty, hunger, and petty societal differences dreaming to venture out into the stars. In a less poetic light space sparks the curiosity of anyone who looks up at the night sky. Looking down at an alien world or nebula with your own two eyes, grabbing a fistful of Martian soil, and wondering who else in our galaxy has the same dreams is super rad.

To purposefully misquote the great Tau'ri warrior explorer, Colonel Jack O'Neill, "I think people who don't want to go into space are equally as whacked."

Everything about Destiny rekindles that spirit of wonder and amazement the great starry abyss presents. Few science fiction tales give off a sense of something bigger, that you're only a simple composition of atoms in a great universe of trillions. That's why I'm wishing so badly that our ability to fly from planet to planet isn't constricted. I just want to take a stroll out into nothing with my wolf pack. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread