Get to know your DBO - SPACE! *sOT*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 24, 2013, 21:56 (3971 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

When I was growing up, I remember being utterly bemused by Star Wars. I was young and had a short attention span, so the talking, story, and etc. flew over my head. What kept my attention was anytime there were ships involved and sprawling space scenes with huge planetary marbles.

I love to star gaze on a clear night for no particular reason. I love the immense scale of sci-fi and the wonder that still exists.

This is why, I want to pilot my ship in Destiny. I want one thing in space travel, just one requirement. I want to fly from surface to the outer atmosphere and see the blue fade to black, I want to see a tiny marble become bigger and bigger until I can see detail and land on a particularly nice continent. I could fly through space for 100's of hours of just exploration.

Long have we gazed at the stars. . .

In some nights - where I can't sleep simply because my brain won't let me (even though I am exhausted), I can go out side and gaze upon infinitude. Things just make more sense when you look unto everything. I often wonder as I gaze in the open sky how far I am really seeing, but can't see due to the lack of the reflection and our own sensitiveness to light. Looking into space is unlike anything else, a grace you feel with a sensation of truly forever. I often try to describe it - haven't been able to yet - if the words exist I'll figure it out. That's just from a naked eye perspective. It doesn't even begin to detail the enormity of forces that play with those little dots of light. Black holes, Pulsars, Supernova, & Space time. Who knew everything could be summed up so simply. Black and White. /Boss

[image]

In Destiny I look forward to venturing out to this brief vastness that is our little quadrant of the solar system. Flying among "Safe" distance of the Saturnine rings sounds like a lot of fun. In the end I hope Bungie can bring that kind of wonder - well - down to earth. And Mars. And Venus. And Mercury. And what the hey . . . the Gas Planets too.

Thanks for your replys all. I made this thread out of a whim of a question, unknown if I would get anything. I'm glad with the results. See you star side.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread