Get to know your DBO - SPACE! *sOT*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 24, 2013, 19:11 (3971 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well to answer your question...

The Procellarum is the focus of population on the Moon, the hub of a hundred habitats growing together over the decades of the lone satellite acting as the central harbor of incoming and outgoing traffic for Earth...

-Mayflower's Sol System Sourcebook

Always loved the idea of setting out into the unknown and down-to-earth space-exploration (that's an interesting way to put it...). And the world(s) I've been building for my Mayflower comic is definitely set upon that foundation.

[image]

It's exciting to see Destiny heading towards some of the same ideas that I was working on and building my reference library up for - like showing the scale and wonder of just our own system without needing hyperdrives and galaxy-spanning scales to make things seem epic. And all the odes I'm seeing to retro sci-fi visuals and authors like Jack Vance is also really exciting. Capturing the idealism of the golden age of sci-fi is definitely something Mayflower's trying to accomplish.

(I'm also super relieved that Destiny's trailers have shown it is very different from my own universe, so I don't have to be called a copycat when my comic finally comes out!)

*Edit: This wasn't supposed to sound like a plug - I just wanted to show that I love space so much that I've been trying to make a comic about it for years.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread