On Bloodborne and Dark Souls (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, April 23, 2016, 19:55 (2937 days ago) @ Xenos

I have Bloodborne, too. I played it a bit a few weeks ago. I made it the Cleric Beast after like four hours, which is a stupidly long time for as short a distance as it is.

I largely think it's because I spent a significant amount of that time playing it like it's a Dark Souls game. I went into the game dark, so I didn't know any of it's mechanics. I didn't realized Blood Vials literally drop all over the damn place, I didn't know you got health back for immediately counter-attacking, etc. And it took me longer that it should have to realize those things.

For whatever reason, I didn't immediately connect and fall in love with Bloodborne the way I did Dark Souls. I stopped played after those first few hours, mainly because I knew that Dark Souls 3 was coming, and I knew that I wouldn't want to play the two games consecutively. So I set Bloodborne aside.

I did enjoy my time with it, and I really look forward to getting back into it in when I have the chance. New releases are already stacking up, with DS3 recently released, Uncharted 4 coming next month, No Man's Sky in June, and the next Witcher 3 DLC also rumored for June. I'll have to find time to hit up Bloodborne this summer, though, as I've heard a lot of my friends that absolutely love Dark Souls say that Bloodborne is a better game by far.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread