Uncharted 2 and 3 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 02, 2016, 16:31 (2927 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Implying that there were any in the first one... There weren't.

Come on. You can call a rose a tulip but it's still a rose, and it still has thorns.

By your standards, "The Descent" and "I am Legend" are just zombie movies, since the creatures in both were very similar to the Descendants in Uncharted (Except that the Descendants had their own customs were smart enough to build traps... that could also capture any wandering Will Smiths)...

Wait... you DON'T consider "I Am Legend" to be a zombie movie?

I consider Zombies as a movie theme to be an encroaching threat. The constant pressure pushing in on the last bits of humanity (which is often the metaphor for the character interactions). Zombies are mindless, which is why they're more of a faceless threat.

In I Am Legend, the vampires/Dark Ones are used more as a metaphor for guilt and alienation. They are sentient, and they hate/fear the protagonist, but are only a threat at night. They have their own "civilization", which the protagonist threatens (he abducts and experiments on them, always leading to their deaths). It's not a zombie movie in any sense, literal or metaphorical.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread