Let's put it this way... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 02, 2016, 19:59 (2928 days ago) @ dogcow

If they replaced the Dark Seekers with underground creatures, is it still a zombie movie? What if they were exactly the same, but came from space. Is it still a zombie movie? What if they were flat-out vampires? Werewolves? Why are they otherwise zombies to you, if the other options could behave exactly the same and somehow not be zombies?

The Descendants in Uncharted are the inbred and mutated offspring of the Spaniards that were infected by the rage-like virus contained within El Dorado. They wear loincloths and tribal markings, and are stealthily hunting the armed soldiers that have invaded the island (using the same complex traps that many indigenous cultures still use. It's not until El Dorado is found that they become hyper-aggressive and launch an all-out attack on the invading forces).

Still, I went about this the wrong way. The onus was on Cody to explain why The Descendants in Uncharted are zombies.

So what makes them zombies to you?

And furthermore, what makes a "zombie movie" to you, if "The Descent" and "I am Legend" are zombie movies?

I don't expect Cody to be able to answer this, as I'm Still waiting on that previous explanation that he promised me. Don't think I've forgotten, Cody...

To put another twist to things, the upcoming movie "Cell" is about living humans who have had their brains rewired, making them aggressive, but still alive (and also psychic). That's definitely a zombie movie either way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread