+1 (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, April 23, 2016, 20:22 (2937 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can't pretend that I'd really be interested in playing a game like that, but I'd love to just display that Falcon and a few X-wings.

Heh, well most our time is spent NOT playing the game, so a lot of them, especially the bigger, more unwieldy ones dot our bookshelves.

My girlfriend loves board games but neither of us had played a proper tabletop game before this. It only took us about two games to get a handle on it and start to have fun. Then on it's fairly intuitive and, surprisingly, the ships really FEEL like they're flying. They behave like they should: Ties are fast and can turn about quickly, the Y-Wings are slow but sturdy, etc. Some pilots have special powers, and they make sense in the universe, like an A-Wing pilot that can ram ships. ;) They're still using old EU stuff along with the new movies now, too, so getting Dash Rendar's Outsider was a delight! (And if you're familiar with that character, his pilot ability is to not be damaged by asteroids and debris, hah.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread