Your questions answered - and more!

by The Lionheart ⌂, Savannah, GA, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 14:48 (3929 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I had posted something like this in response to the mail sack at Bungie.net (http://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forum/Post?id=60866686&path=1), but for some reason, it's giving me this error message: "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges with this group to perform the requested action."

It was long, so I'm not going to try to recount it exactly, but I'll just try my best to hit at the core of it:

While I care about Destiny's gameplay, you'd think I could give two hoots about it given how much more I care about the universe/lore/immersion. I'm at a point in my life where I don't really want to play a better Monopoly, Mousetrap, or Connect 4 -- I want engaging fiction that I can interact with on a deep and expansive level. Halo's fiction nailed this (I spend hours exploring Skyrim's universe, and wish I could have done similar things with Halo's), but I didn't see the universe spotlighted by you guys at E3, so I'm a little concerned:

Have you guys switched from creating a universe where there's more between the lines than there is in the lines themselves to a Borderlands-y type of "Whoohoo! Yay, fun!" experience? One which is, for lack of a better word, more shallow?

Or are you going to give me something to ponder over, late into the night, something I can stew over with my bubble pipe and fuzzy slippers?

I live for the deep--the profound. Will I be satisfied with your game's universe? Does the rabbit hole go down far? Or are my thirsts relics of a long forgotten age?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread