Your questions answered - and more!

by The Lionheart ⌂, Savannah, GA, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 18:15 (3927 days ago) @ Kermit

I love Halo, but its mysteries feel a lot less mysterious these days.

In my opinion, the reason Halo feels much less mysterious has everything to do with the handover from the storytellers at Bungie to the storytellers at 343.

The folks at 343 have their own directions that they seem to want to take the Halo universe's fiction, and because of that, they've revealed things with clarity that were previously vague via Bungie, while still leaving other things, some of them new, as vague or mysterious.

Makes you wonder whether what they revealed was actually what Bungie had dreamed of... whereas Bungie clearly states 3 times that Forerunners ARE humans, albeit a different kind of humans (I essentially imagined them as humans "idealized" in every respect: biologically, philosophically, spiritually, scientifically), 343 seems to be working in a Halo universe where that's not the case (though I haven't gotten to read Silentium yet, but it's sitting on my night stand patiently waiting).

If you leave off at Reach, where we have this "birthright from an ancient civilization", then I think our minds are still free to wander and wonder about what it would be like to travel back in time and interact with this ancient, graceful civilization.

Anywho, all of that is ancillary. I asked what I asked here because it only made sense to: the worst they could do would be to say nothing--whereas the best that could have come out of my asking would have been answers or at least a "Yes, we know exactly what you're talking about, and no, we're not talking about that yet. ;)"

I can't complain about not having the answers if I didn't even bother to ask, right? :)

Thanks for the response, Kermit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread