Duh (Cap 3 spoilers) (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 30, 2016, 18:20 (2948 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

First of all, most of your responses are about other points on your list... you're talking about the weight of the scene within the plot, caring about characters, etc. I was talking about CG vs real stunts. I count that scene as a win for CG because most people don't even realize that they're essentially watching a cartoon as that scene plays out. It is perfectly convincing from a visual point of view. Everyone loves to complain about CG, but the truth is that the majority of CG work that goes into movies doesn't even get noticed... and that's the goal. It should look so good that nobody realized that it is CG. In that regard, Cap 3 is a complete success. CG is only a problem when it isn't convincing, and I agree that happens far too often. But saying while you would say "use less CG", I would say "use better CG".

I am a huge proponent of CG. There's so much CG in films and TV that you don't even know is CG. But that is mostly background replacement, cloth and hair simulation, wire and rig removal, fire and smoke, and digital set extension. In my opinion making realistic looking humans doing demanding physical activity is a current weak point with CG. So have a real person doing the real stunts, and bypass this weakness until we get better at it.

Your assertion that the scene doesn't effect the plot in any way is also false. It is the "line in the sand" moment where each side fully commits to their beliefs. No wiggle room or turning back at that point. Yes, I'm sure we'll see everyone kiss and make up at some point down the road, but not without repercussions.

They kissed an made up at the very end of the film! Captain America was handed a phone and said to call if he needs anything. Everybody got broken out of prison. Nothing substantial changed internally or externally because of this film. We are right back at square one, and everybody will be back together like nothing happened for the Infinity War.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread