I agree with this so much (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 12:58 (2947 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's incredibly frustrating to watch these pre-rendered action movies where the computer animations were done before the scripts were even written. Transformers comes to mind, where the action is all completely superfluous to the plot because in order to finish in the timeframe the studio gave them they had to start animating everything before principal filming even began.

I think back to the year when Hero and Blade 3 both came out. You watch Hero and it's wide shots, few cuts, just watching these amazing martial artists go nuts. The only edits are in between the moves so you can really see the amazing action. Then you watch Blade 3 and there are so many random cuts and extreme close-ups on fists that it's obvious they're hiding the fact that the action sucks. Which is stupid because Wesley Snipes learned a shitload of martial arts after the first blade in order to make the second and third ones have more realistic action (which the directors and DPs then totally ruined). I honestly couldn't even tell you what was happening in most of the blade 3 action scenes. I guess he punched someone? I'm not even sure how many bad guys were in those scenes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread