How to level for the raid (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:03 (2927 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by Korny, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:06

Except you're grossly exaggerating about that too. Just doing the story missions and a bit of Engram decoding boosts you up to the 350-ish area. Trials won't be back for over a week, and there's days to go before the Raid, which only needs you to be 360 to complete. Is that such a crazy goal that requires "dozens of hours"? I'm 348 after last night, and my Vault is still stocked with Exotics that I haven't bothered to decode (really, nothing new interests me loot-wise outside of the Raid sniper and Pulse Rifle).

I think you're guilty of grossly exaggerating too Korny. I'm at 339 (with weapons I don't like) at the end of the story missions, nowhere near 350.

I dunno. Did run into some neat luck though, because when I was 341, I started getting 347 drops (definitely above five levels from my own) and such. Sammy and I started out by buying a 350 Ghost, then running the missions, while equipping every single Blue that dropped for us. After finishing them, I claimed my faction rewards, decoded some Engrams, ran a couple of missions with Speed and Cruel, and ended up at 348, with most of my gear being 350. Considering that I'm only twelve levels below the raid recommendation after only a few hours of playing (haven't run the strikes or a single crucible match), I'd still say that "dozens of hours" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread