How to level for the raid (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:39 (2824 days ago) @ TheeChaos

The way I tend to look at that stuff is that its a nice little bonus reward for people who spend time doing those activities. Its not a grind unless you go out of your way to make it one.

This. Not everything in the game was designed to just fly through. I really look at the Book more like an elongated set of bounties that will eventually fill up. If im close to an unlock, sure ill chase a few down. I dont consider that grinding to myself.

That said, this little chain started because someone said "you've already finished everything in the book?" or something along those lines. I don't think "finishing the book" is a measure for "completing" rise of iron, because as you pointed out, many of the requirements within the book are just replaying certain activities over and over.

Agreed. The book isnt what I would consider "content". I mean sure by definition, but its not like a strike or anything. To me it's a cool way to earn some gear. Also how nice of them to give it to us on release instead of holding it above our heads before a future expansion.

This is the crux of the issue for me.

These things are treated as content, when it really isn't. For me, an exotic quest is more along the lines of Black Spindle and less along the lines of Super Good Advice. If you look at RPGs and JRPGs, often entire dungeons are constructed around getting a certain item. Raiding Charlemagne's Vault sounds like a fantastic way to get Thorn. Not getting void kills in the crucible.

A lot of what we are being asked to do is along the lines of being boring and grindy. It is always better as a player to do one cool thing rather than do a bunch of simple things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread