A Little Bit of Anaylsis *IMGS*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 23, 2013, 00:46 (3907 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, August 23, 2013, 00:49

About an hour ago I noticed that DBO already had a Quicktime frame by frame-able version of the new ViDoc up. Great job DBO admin-peoples! With my first couple of watch throughs I wasn't sure there would be enough to bother posting. The ViDoc was nice for the amount of stuff it clarified, but I wasn't sure if it showed a whole lot of truly new stuff. Then I started taking my screenshots… There was some neat stuff shown!

First off, The Hive. While the ViDoc covered a lot of stuff in a fairly quick manner, I'm kinda thinking of it as our first introduction to the Hive. First off enemy types:
[image]
Here we seem to have two classes of Hive warriors. I'm thinking we're looking at base class, Grunt level fighters up front and behind, and a couple of next level up, perhaps Jackal class warriors who carry guns and have some armor for protection in the center of the group and on the right.

The base level warriors don't seem too weak though, check out their green glowy melee attack:[image][image]
Yikes!

They might also have some sort of… sonic attack… seen just for a frame or two here:
[image]
The "sound waves" don't move much, if at all, and vanish very quickly, so it's unclear what they are. They do seem to be coming from that warrior that's leaned over though… as if he's screaming?

Next we have the big Hive Monster who we only get to see once. Still, he's scary! [image]

Then, this ViDoc revealed two new enemies to us. This Dragon Priest looking dude who I'm calling a Floater until Bungie corrects me seems to use space magic and almost certainly likes ranged attacks:
[image]

And finally there's the fairly large Phogoth who seems big enough to be a serious challenge. Possibly even on the level of a Spider Tank?
[image]

Hive forces seem fairly well rounded so far, though I wonder if they have any flying things.

A few other random things:

- My favorite mystery, that of the blue beams, make another appearance. We've seen this blue beam striking the pedestal before and releasing wispy black stuff, but we've also seen the black stuff before:

[image]

I would like to note we've seen another example of black wispy stuff though:

[image]

It seems like a good guess that the wispy stuff belong to Race 5, the pyramid race, but what's it doing in an area belonging to The Hive? Could it be… causing The Hive or something? Whatever it is, The Hive probably isn't generating it itself, because we can clearly see a blue beam out the window here:

[image]

We now have Race 5 connected to both the Cabal and Hive via blue beams, pyramids, and wispy black stuff. Could they be the ones who crushed Humanity during the Golden Age? If so, what are they still doing around our solar system?

Let's see… what else? Well, I really loved this explosion:

[image]

Once again everything Bungie shows is on PlayStation or Sony related:

[image]
Secretive exclusive partnership anyone?

And finally, in yet another example of making 3D play spaces out of concept art we have the buried city on Mars:
[image]
vs.
[image]
Look at that moon! Wow!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread