*SP* Raid Encounters (that aren't the Labyrinth) (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 06:44 (2387 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The only spoilers here are content, not mechanics.

So my clan went into the raid tonight. We plowed straight ahead and took the flamelaunchers up to what appeared to be the front door. Is this the "garden encounter" you guys discussed? It didn't seem like a garden to me at all. Maybe a courtyard? Anyway, the message was "Emperor Cassius sends his legions against you" and then the game is afoot.

I must have missed the launchers, I was too busy taking in the beautiful scenery then we found the switches and played with them. =P

We completed this encounter (pretty fun, not that complicated, seems to have unlimited time and no enrage and also it's not a darkness zone so if you die you just come right back). The rewards were high light engrams (same light as your theoretical max, rather than 10 light below it), but no "raid loot" per se.

This section took us awhile, we were always just a few seconds late, but we finally had enough heavy/supers stacked we were able to get all 3 together at once. Really fun, also a SUPER good farming spot. I am sure everyone on our team got at least 1 legendary in our time there, I know I got 2 before the chest. Lots of Experience as well, a few of us got earned our Bright engrams here.

After that was "the Baths."

This encounter took the rest of our night. We're pretty sure we've got it down, but we never quite got the execution perfect. We'll probably one-shot it tomorrow.

Same here, I was about to get off, then we put on our big boy pants and knocked it out. Just a tip, under spoiler if you want it. Just how we figured it out. After completing this we realized we were nearly full of legendary engrams and I needed to go to bed anyway, so we turned in at the tower.

When you are damaging the cisterns in the middle, only take out 3 in a phase. We were able to get 4 in one phase, but it cost us alot of revive tokens due to the spawning Psion. You will definitely think you are wasting alot of time, but its a good chance to pick up Power ammo from the dead adds.

Didn't really see anything else in the raid, but what we did see was great. That baths encounter has been really, really fun to figure out.

---

Judging from the other thread (and from my own impressions of the raid entrance), there seem to be multiple "first" encounters that you can access. Pretty sweet imo.

I'm enjoying the artwork here the most. I did not expect to be landing on a Golden Palace. The opening area had me awestruck. The mechanics have been clear yet disguised. I'm looking forward to continuing the raid. My only complaint so far, it doesn't seem like you get drops, at least from what I have seen. While we haven't fought a boss yet (hopefully soon!) We have only got a few key items, High power legendary engrams, and tokens for a new vendor. I'm hoping that we get gear drops during the Raid, as opposed to only being able to use tokens.

Cant wait for more!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread