PS4 crew's successful encounter tonight *SP* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 21:40 (2387 days ago) @ Kahzgul

After two and a half hours and like seven Seriously-This-Is-The-Last-Runs from TheeChoas (Good luck on your interview!), we conquered the Pleasure Gardens.

I think this encounter is really fascinating, and it continues the cool tone from the first two bits of the raid so far. I'm really liking that the encounters so far are just mechanically interesting and demanding, without stupid DPS checks (or, at least, the DPS checks are built into the mechanics and buffs you need--you're not going to fail these encounters because you don't have any Black Spindles).

I think we actually figured out what we needed to do for this encounter fairly quickly, but it took us a while to get the execution right. We did quite a bit of experimenting with how the buffs stack and then just a lot of time fucking it up. Felt really good to get it done in two phases, though.

Here's a video that is timestamped for our final run.

We also did a bit more exploring in the underbelly and found quite a few chests that we just don't have the correct keys for. Unless there are a lot more encounters than I'm expecting in this raid, it seems like there are more chests than you'll get keys for. I'm wondering if it's just random and you'll never be able to get every chest every week, or if there's just a lot more we haven't discovered yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread