*SP* Raid Encounters (that aren't the Labyrinth) (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 08:44 (2415 days ago) @ TheeChaos

After that was "the Baths."

This encounter took the rest of our night. We're pretty sure we've got it down, but we never quite got the execution perfect. We'll probably one-shot it tomorrow.

Same here, I was about to get off, then we put on our big boy pants and knocked it out. Just a tip, under spoiler if you want it. Just how we figured it out. After completing this we realized we were nearly full of legendary engrams and I needed to go to bed anyway, so we turned in at the tower.

When you are damaging the cisterns in the middle, only take out 3 in a phase. We were able to get 4 in one phase, but it cost us alot of revive tokens due to the spawning Psion. You will definitely think you are wasting alot of time, but its a good chance to pick up Power ammo from the dead adds.

Three rounds is definitely the safe bet, but there is a lot of wasted time there. It's definitely possible in two, and I'm curious if a high-leveled, perfectly equipped team could do it in one. Adds would be the biggest problem there, you'd probably need everyone with the buff in the middle shooting the sensors to get it done in one.

It was definitely a fun encounter to work through. I'm glad we got it done--I was getting pretty frustrated at myself towards the end. I kept dying for the absolute dumbest reasons and just making stupid decisions. I switched to my Merciless at one point to see if that would take care of the Bathers any more efficiently. It literally took me three deaths to remember that I had done so--I kept trying to switch to my sword and was really confused as to why it wasn't coming up. I felt like such an idiot when I figured it out. ):

My only complaint so far, it doesn't seem like you get drops, at least from what I have seen. While we haven't fought a boss yet (hopefully soon!) We have only got a few key items, High power legendary engrams, and tokens for a new vendor. I'm hoping that we get gear drops during the Raid, as opposed to only being able to use tokens.

Hopefully we get real drops from the bosses. Sammy, Korny, and I played with the raid shader last night, and it looks really good! White with gold accents and a dash of purple. Looks awesome on most of the weapons I've previewed it on, and I'm rocking it on my chest and helmet now.

Cant wait for more!

Me either! I've really loved it so far. You can see where they pulled in design elements from previous stuff, but the way it's designed and the art is unlike anything we've seen before. It seems huge, with a lot more exploration than any other raid, and I like that the environment is completely different from anything else in the game. All the other raids were awesome and cool looking, but they still looked like environments we had seen before, just taken to the extreme. Leviathan looks completely new and different, and I love that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread