"Destiny" (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 00:39 (2455 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You don't lose your free will just because you're following others' decisions, if you choose to follow them.

I'm not saying Destiny is making a fantastic job of demonstrating this point.

It's actually another case of disconnect, I think, between the lore and the story- with the fault, absolutely, lying on the side of the story. Which is hampered by the nature of the video game, unfortunately.

But it doesn't mean it isn't the destiny that Destiny is supposed to refer to, or that I haven't offered reasons for it. Humanity, the Guardians, your character, are all making choices- even if you, the player, can't really choose a different story, and your character's choices are largely made at the behest of others.

And, again, in this day and age? It would be a better take than the Greek sense.

But, whatever, honestly. I more cared about putting out my thoughts about the way causality plays into the lore of Destiny, and how I fucking love that, and if you won't take the answer to a question you seem to want answered because the answer still isn't perfect, even though it probably would make sense and still be better than what you're worried about, as a fair possibility, than sure.

(And, honestly- I know it's super unreasonable to expect a response to every facet of my rambling, veering posts, but it does kind of get to me when people just quote a little bit of it and respond specifically to that. This isn't really a case of that (you were quoting what was mainly the summation) and it's not asking you or others to stop doing that, mainly just, mentioning this in case I ever seem exasperated in situations like this.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread