"Destiny" (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 12:40 (2454 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not sure if I should point back to lore vs. story disconnect and the redirect of this argument to that, which is maybe one of the first and largest Things about Destiny as a narrative and 'verse and experience,

Or point out that we do experience the warping of causality in the story via evil space magic and then we punch that in the face with good space magic and that's kind of a microcosm of what I'm talking about,

Or point out that I'm talking about future narrative and this is a thing that could come to have a greater role in the future as foreshadowed by the past lore, which kind of did show up in Destiny and only didn't in Destiny 2 because they were explicitly not focusing on the Darkness to better showcase the Light,

Or just accept that you will literally never be happy with what I can give you because I can't fix Destiny's story and you just want to talk about how it's bad and I'm just saying that this one pratfall isn't set up to be "And we win by magical destiny on our side" which, was supposed to be what you didn't want to happen? And yet you seem to be rejecting my answer as better than it, by just kinda, poking at its flaws and not addressing it versus the other also flawed alternatives.

I just don't like the gearshift from "This is a problem I hope Destiny doesn't run into later and let's talk about that" to "Destiny has problems right now and you have to acknowledge them", I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread