+1 (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 09, 2017, 19:44 (2417 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It seems dumb to just go "There's an app for this, so who cares about the core in-game functionality".

Let's be clear: I never said that, or anything like that. I said that I thought that one of the reasons they might have phoned in Vault development was because there was such a good tool already available.

Even if there are other better tools available, that doesn’t mean you can phone it in.

Adobe Premiere used to have great tracking tools, that you could use for a variety of things like quick and dirty vfx, temp comp, etc. Adobe removed this and told everyone to use after effects instead, because it had way better tracking tools. They added integration between premiere and after effects.

They are technically correct when they say AE has better tracking tools, but there was a huge uproar. See, the convenience of a decent but not nessesarily top notch tracker in Premiere beat out the need to go to AE for everything in the opinions of many. Having a nice set of tools at your fingertips is great, and you go to AE when you need more complexity.

Basic functionality should be in the game. Advanced stuff can be in the app. Sorting by type is basic.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread