The Vault is just terrible. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 12:57 (2564 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you didn't attack people with combative and insulting posts all the time you'd find more positive responses.

Look at this thread: You replied to me with what is essentially a troll-grade post. Then you complained that it didn't get a well reasoned and thoughtful response from me, and you're finishing your complaint with a personal attack. I want to respect you, because I see in threads that you initiate that you are a smart and well-reasoned person. In your replies, however, you are frequently insulting (and not just to me). You're the king of demanding people post links to evidence while often making baseless (and linkless) claims, yourself. That bungie designed the vault based on 3 years of API data, for example, and that such imagined data (however likely it may be to exist) "obviously" supports making a good app and bad vault. This is exactly the sort of claim you often call others out on and it reeks of hypocrisy.

My point was always that Bungie has plenty of usage data to base their development priorities off of. Here's a direct example of Bungie monitoring D1 vault usage, for instance. Not API data, but certainly proof that they monitor usage data. I started by just mentioning the API data because forcing a long list of data points into your quote would have broken the flow.

I ask for proof in extreme cases. Or vs extreme claims. Mine was neither. If you're really going to call me a hypocrite for the claim that: "There would have been API data. Internal play tests. External play tests. Reading news articles and reviews. Venturing into Reddit. Etc. Etc. Etc." then you are so far out of line that you've swung around to being a joke.

If you had replied with "I agree that the vault is a step back from D1, but I think it may be permissible since the app is so much better" that would not have garnered the "lol raga troll" response I gave you because it would have been both polite and contributing to the conversation.

Right. Because "for muh two screen experiunse!" was the height of a polite contribution. You want to improve the atmosphere and raise the level of discourse around here? Clean up your own act.

At this point, it's probably better we if just stop replying to one another's posts. I think it's bringing down the atmosphere here on dbo and I don't like feeling like I'm fighting with someone for no reason.

I am more than happy to have a respectful, reasonable discussion with you. But you sure as heck don't make it easy. Consider your negativity. Consider the amount of work that goes into a game like this. Consider your fellow players, like those who posted here saying they highly value the second screen experience. Insulting all those people like you did was not a way to spur respectful discourse.

You don't want to fight? Think about how your words might relate to and impact others before you post. If you do, you and I won't have any more problems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread