PS4 problem only? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 12, 2017, 15:03 (2415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I would much rather be theorizing about what lies below the waters of Titan than complaining that the tower crashes about every fifth time I load into it

The tower has 'crashed' (not exactly sure what you mean by that, but in my case, it means 'nothing is there but me') exactly once since Destiny 2 launched. I know it happens, i'm just amazed it happens so much for you!

If I fly in solo, the odds that I get stuck on a black screen listening to tower chatter are about 1 in 20. If I fly in with a team of 6, it's about 1 in 1.3. I have one particular friend who almost always gets D/C'd from parties whenever he flies in, and I think something between his ISP, Bungie, and the rest of the world essentially breaks the game. In games where you get the black screen, the tower usually loads after 10-15 minutes if you wait, or you can log out and back in and it usually loads fine after that.

Then there's the crash to playstation blue screen problem, which seems related to flying into social spaces while in your player menus. Totally different issue. I've only had that once. This is a real crash and the D2 app needs to be relaunched.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread