The Vault is just terrible. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 09:25 (2416 days ago) @ Kermit

You'd expect, after working in retail for a decade, that I'd be more sympathetic when I get bad service. I'm less sympathetic, though. It's a hot button for me.

Yeah, I would expect more sympathy. For me, I'm always extra patient and understanding to call center people because I used to work in one. Unless someone is truly going out of their way to be unhelpful (which I don't believe I've actually encountered) I'm happy to flow along with their script or accept when when they just don't have the information they should.

As an example: A few months ago I was waiting on a FedEx shipment at work on Saturday and they straight up did not even stop by to deliver it. They saw they we were normally closed on weekends and rescheduled it for Monday even though it was expressly shipped with a Saturday delivery option / service. The guy at the FedEx call center unhelpfully told me that it had always been set to deliver the next Monday, which was totally and completely false, but I didn't get mad or anything. It was the best information he had so I thanked him for his help and went on with my day. Even though he was on a script. Even though he repeated the same thing to me a couple of times. I picked up the box an hour later at the distribution center and it had giant obvious branded "FedEx Saturday Delivery" stickers all over it but it wasn't the call center guy's fault the delivery driver was lazy or incompetent.

Maybe you've encountered more people who were actually bad at their job instead of just being stuck in them?

(That and you're always so nice on the forum or over chat that it's kinda hard to imagine you really getting mad at anyone! :p)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread