Shards (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:58 (2376 days ago) @ Harmanimus

On Xbox I have clocked 147 hours on D2 on Xbox. I have done exactly 1 Raid. I haven’t played as much there as PC since the end of October for various reasons. I have 812 legendary shards. I am actually pretty quick to infuse things. Sometimes to my dismay. I have more issues keeping my glimmer up. In contrast I have 185 on PC, because I have spent more at Xur. I had 50 less than that two nights ago.

But I also have a lot of accrued rep tokens on PC.

124 hrs since launch, no raids, no nightfalls, no crucible. At any given time I have a minimum average of 5 shards and a maximum average of 30ish. I think one week early on I managed 60 which vanished the second Xur showed up. I don't buy much from Xur either (I've probably purchased maybe five or six things from him? And that feels generous. Most weeks I just completely ignore or forget about him.) and like you, I'm quick to infuse things. Moreso across guns than armor (my armor is pretty static, I like having options for guns). Glimmer has been an issue maybe one time? My wallet is usually overflowing with glimmer.

Unless I'm literally an outlier and spend the damn things as fast as I get them, I'm still not seeing how with what's seemingly a similar playstyle and investment period, I'm accruing so few. I mean, just about all I can ever afford to do is infuse, and infusion is pretty cheap.

I thought 20 some odd shards for an engram from the Cryptarch was stupid and ridiculous. Now it seems reasonable presented with the fact that apparently everyone but me is sitting on thousands of them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread