Shards (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:15 (2376 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

How would you feel if I told you I've already burned at least that many pulling exotics from the vault, dismantling them for weapon parts, and then turning those parts in for mods? :p

I'd ask why you need so damn many pointless mods, for starters. That's part of the game I see absolutely no point or benefit to, aside from the +5 you get from legendary mods. If there's a tangible benefit from them, it's one that, shocker, like a lot of Destiny needs to be better represented in numerical statistics, or comparison bars, or something tangible, rather than vague flavor text.

Armor mods can be used to boost your Arc/Void/Solar class abilities/melee/grenade recharge, boost your mobility/resilence/regeneration (can't remember the word for that currently.), or boost certain weapon traits (kinetic reload, energy stability, etc).

When you buy weapon mods from the gunsmith, there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a Kinetic +5 mod, which to my knowledge, will never randomly drop in the game (apart from already mounted in a kinetic exotic weapon).

So buying from the gunsmith is useful if you're looking to create that perfect set of armor (all void mods on armor, for example) or you want to put plus 5's on all your kinetic weapons.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread