Shards (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:05 (2376 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

How would you feel if I told you I've already burned at least that many pulling exotics from the vault, dismantling them for weapon parts, and then turning those parts in for mods? :p

I'd ask why you need so damn many pointless mods, for starters. That's part of the game I see absolutely no point or benefit to, aside from the +5 you get from legendary mods. If there's a tangible benefit from them, it's one that, shocker, like a lot of Destiny needs to be better represented in numerical statistics, or comparison bars, or something tangible, rather than vague flavor text.

I might spend slightly above average amount of time in this game
[image]

"Slightly," he says, with 16 days clocked. 124 hrs for me, and that's about the average across my miniscule sampling of 10 friends.

I tend to pick a few key items (one or two per slot) to keep infusing while I'm leveling and leave most to infuse after I've hit the level cap, though that's usually more to save glimmer than shards. And I think Xur has only ever carried two, maybe three items that I didn't already have by the time he rolled around. I just never really had much reason to spend them.

So, in your case, I'm seeing "Time Invested + No Reason To Spend = Bank", which makes sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread