Sounds great. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 11, 2018, 16:53 (2323 days ago) @ CyberKN

A few things of note:

-Recognizing a skew towards Eververse rewards. In response, they're adding ghost, ships, and sparrows to the regular loot pools. They're also providing a more direct path to Bright Engrams (and event Bright Engrams). Completing certain milestones during the new event will give you an exclusive Legendary Emote, Weapon Skin, and Exotic Sparrow, depending on the milestone you complete.

You will also now earn a regular seasonal Bright engram and an event specific Bright Engram at level up.

Raid gear will now have raid specific perks for mods, and they are ensuring that encounters will drop at least one piece of gear.

They're revamping Crucible. New seasonal rankings (one based on matches completed, one that is based on wins/losses). 6v6 is returning (that didn't take long). Mayhem will return as an event. Private matches are coming.

Expansion 2 maybe delayed (is it a delay if they never announced a date?):

We’re taking the time we need in development of Expansion 2 that will allow us to react to player feedback from Curse of Osiris. In the coming months, we’ll talk to you more about what you can expect to find in Destiny 2’s next story. The team is eager to show you what they’ve been working on.

There is a lot more stuff mentioned (stuff about mods, Masterworks, exotics, etc)--this one is definitely worth a read. It sounds pretty like a pretty good set of improvements.

I feel like I often find myself saying "that sounds great" and then being underwhelmed, so let's hope this all is different, but still, this all sounds pretty great.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread