how do you make them like that? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 15, 2018, 12:37 (2447 days ago) @ Durandal

And I think they should… if used skillfully. But if you miss… then you should get wrecked by a primary. Primaries should not be as powerful as specials. They should just be easier to use, more forgiving, and more reliable than specials.

Risk / Reward.

I'm not sure how you can make shotguns less forgiving, nor snipers. Removal of the quick/swipe scope technique is a given, but that already has people up in arms in D2.

It's tough. If you do things like slowing player movement, then you promote camping. Slower reloads or fire rate helps, so players have to play smarter to manage the weapon. D2 did a great job balancing snipers; a body shot does fairly low damage, while headshots remain 1HK. People complain about snipers being underpowered, but the Borealis is one of the only Heavy weapons that I take into crucible (another being the Wardcliff coil, when I forget to switch out of it).

As much as some people whine about it, having a single player picking up Heavy at a time while trickling the drops throughout the game was a great way to balance the Heavy/special presence in a match, though Bungie decided to do that while also lumping Specials in with Heavies.

I feel like Snipers and shotguns should hold much more ammo and do more damage in PvE, to make them truly Heavy. As it stands, there's no reason to use either in PvE, when rockets and Swords do far more damage, and with more forgiving ammo.

Also, getting rid of all aim-assist should be a thing for Heavies. Half the time it just gets you killed anyway...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread