on Dishonored... (Off-Topic)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Sunday, January 28, 2018, 21:22 (2251 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You can, but honestly if you're up for stealth, even though Dishonored has that gameplay built in, as Kahzgul has mentioned, the game really doesn't want you to. It is a bleak and bloodthirsty game. If you want to play purely stealth, expect the game to fight you in ever so subtle and not so subtle ways. I, myself, could never get into it because of this.

The mark seems to be very much like the ring of power.

Is that so?

I had a great time with Dishonored, playing it as a stealth pacifist run- granted, my strategy the first time was more pacifist acrobat than proper stealth.

I never felt pushed towards combat, though there were a few times where it would have been the easier solution. But that made those bits more rewarding to solve with cleverer methods?

Plus, the story is pushing more towards stealth.

Oh, thinking back, I can see a few things that might be pushing away from stealth/pacifism, but I think they're easy to ignore? They were for me, at least.

I still haven't done a murder run, although I did fuck around without saving a few times, like when I discovered a maxed out jump in place gets you high enough to drop assassinate someone standing right next to you.

Still have to play the sequel, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread