So what's the absolute worst game you own? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:33 (2187 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by stabbim, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:54

There's only one game I actually own that I really hate, and that's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The first time I played it was some multiplayer matches at a sort of LAN party. It was a few years after it had been "a thing" and everyone else there was nostalgic for it (read: they were people who had played it a lot). I kid you not, I got one kill the entire time. It was the worst gaming experience I can recall, in my life. I think that was either the beginning of, or a major boost to, my gradual realization that I didn't especially like competitive shooters anymore. Then, some time later, I bought it (used, for peanuts) because although I hadn't enjoyed the multiplayer, the controls and everything worked fine, meaning that it wasn't functionally bad. Also, it was a significant game in the industry, and since I like discussing games and design theory with people, I thought that I should play the campaign so I'd know what it was like. It was... meh. At least to someone playing it several years after it was a new thing. Much like the multiplayer, there wasn't anything functionally wrong with it, but I just couldn't find the fun.

I hate Need for Speed: Underground almost as much, but it would be inaccurate to say that I own that one, since I intentionally destroyed the disc and threw it in the garbage, reckoning that would be more fun and satisfying than actually playing the game any more (I wasn't wrong).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread