So what's the absolute worst game you own? (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 13:19 (2186 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This will probably come as a shock to everyone, considering how big of a Sonic fan I am, but in terms of games I still own, it would have to go to Sonic:Free Riders.

It's a Kinect Required game(see, already that's enough) and there are so many reasons this game screws it up.

First off, the game wants you to stand at a 90 degree angle from the TV itself—like a surfboard—but on top of that, the sensor won't read you at all if your face isn't facing the TV! So YOU'RE at a 90 degree angle, looking at the TV at a 90o angle, all while waving your arms and legs wildly. The crick in my neck from that game is permanent.

The menu design has me scrambling for my copy of Sonic 06. To switch options, you have to spin the screen in one direction like a globe, but it only moves ONE SPACE! And when you put your hand back down to spin AGAIN, the stupid-ass sensor identifies it as spinning the OTHER way! So you have to slowly lift your hand, swipe upward, then CRAWLINGLY bring your hand back down to your side and slowly bring it up AGAIN! And when you find the option you want, do you hold your hand over it and the little circle fills up like every single Kinect game ever made? Nope. You have to pick it up and drag it to an "OK" box like a Star Trek spin-off! It's terrible!

Not to mention, the risk for injury is insane. There are plenty of ramps and jumps in the tracks in this game, and for some reason(I guess points) they grade you on how you handle each jump. If the Kinect doesn't recognize you jumping, you get an F. If it does, you get a C. To nail an A+ jump, you have to launch yourself off the ground AND spin in a full 360 circle to get that critical grade. And land on your feet, 90 degrees. So let's add all that up.

90o standing+90o facing+jumping in a small room filled with furniture+spinning 360o in that same room filled with furniture+ landing on your feet without falling and breaking everything+90o angle standing again.

That equals deaths and mayhem. What a freaking waste. The worst part is, the tutorial almost plays itself and earns an achievement for it, so it's stuck on my gamercard forever. Just kill me.

Oh, and the Spider-man game. I burned that one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread