^^^THIS (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:46 (2195 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Monday, April 23, 2018, 14:50

...made me giggle.

Anyway, the worst games that I have right now:

-Sea of Thieves.
Imagine if No Man's Sky had even fewer things to do, and borderline zero gameplay outside of sailing a ship in order to do an endless list of tutorial-level fetch quests.
The game is an Early Access proof-of-concept with a full-retail price tag. At least the water is gorgeous, and the art direction is solid, if soulless.

-INSIDE. I bought it after hearing great things, but the game is barely a game at all, and more of a "Hold Left Thumbstick Right" simulator with traces of Limbo gameplay and a vague "story" that relies too much on the shock of the final sequence. It's as overrated as it could possibly get, and a serious disappointment.

-Sunset Overdrive
Take Crackdown, and mix it with Jet Set Radio, Infamous, and a pinch of Borderlands.
How could that winning combo go wrong? Well, it starts with the try-hardiest "How do you do, fellow kids" humor worthy of Cliffy B, the laziest writing this side of Uwe Boll, and a one-note gameplay loop, and you've got a game that I deleted after an hour, followed by a long shower. At least it was free.

- A couple of Forza games.
They were free on Xbox Live. I downloaded one of them, drove for about ten minutes, and remembered why I don't play racing games.

-Duke Nukem Forever
Got it as a novelty (or would it be morbid curiosity?), but never got past the first few levels. Still, that disk is there somewhere...

-Silent Hill Homecoming
Yeah, an American developer doing a Silent Hill game was more-than-likely doomed to be a "completely missed the point" experience from the start, but after Origins wasn't terrible, I tried to keep an open mind and give it a chance.
It was terrible.

- Also, doesn't really count, but I bought Too Human for giggles (it was $2 brand new, because Gamestop would have to destroy their copies otherwise). Never opened it, but the reviews for the game weren't that great, so...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread