Halo Infinite

And:

Battlefield V
Fallout 76
Kingdom Hearts 3
Crackdown 3
Tunic
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'm probably missing out on others. But those were the core of hype for me. The Ori series is beautiful. The only things that would be able to pull harder at that particular tone of my nostalgia strings would be Blaster Master or Earthworm Jim. Halo Infinite is kinda obvious, but the more traditional art style plays on the visual artist in me and what originally drew me to the series. The Division 2 looks like it will be more of the same, in the best kind of learning from their prior release. Crackdown 3 is too long coming. I skipped Crackdown 2, but Terry Crews got me hyped. Metro Exodus, since we don't have any news about STALKER 2 yet, is part of what I need. I guess I should finish up the prior entries. Battlefield V has me interested for the story they are trying to tell now. And Fallout 76 looks like whatever it is that is new they are doing with it I won't be disappointed. 4x the world to explore compared to Fallout 4? Sign me up. I guess I need to wait for the Bethesda brief.

Kingdom Hearts 3 while not entirely new gave me a lot of youthful feels. The story-oriented elements get with them emotions, and that new Utada Hikaru theme? Oh my heart. Also a distinct appreciation of the modern Disney Canon means that trailer is pretty nice.

Tunic is out of nowhere to me, but anything that is refreshingly inspired by traditional Zelda will always be worth my time investment. Made me feel like a kid watching it. Also have a weakness for foxes.

Cyberpunk 2077 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, though? I have such a torrent of sentiment I can't even really express it. Cyberpunk 2020 and the genre spawned by Gibson are in the root of my being. Tingles. There is so much they showed feels like it will be everything I was hoping for and more. And SotTR looks to be taking what is probably the best ever series reboot and continuing that forward.

I think I should probably tone down the HYPE that this press brief brought me. It just feels so good to be excited about games again, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread