Not Marathon Infinity... (Gaming)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 17:35 (2144 days ago) @ cheapLEY

where the narrative is "This thing is bad," rather than "I didn't like this thing." Folks just can't accept that they didn't like something, and instead have to say it sucks

Minor comment here, as I didn't have any strong words to other things but this stood out to me. A lot of that comes from people not having the vocabulary to express their issues with the media they consume. Obviously there are people who are vile to be vile, but unless it's explicitly bile-spewing there is a high chance that the consumer just doesn't know how to express why they didn't like something so the short hand it that it just must be bad.

Sadly it is a really hard thing to fix. Then again, I also am not sure if you're accounting for those folks. As I know most of the worst folks are definitely not just having troubles expressing themselves and it is just that they're mean people. A query for the group: How do you guys separate the pure negativity with people who just aren't sure how to provide constructive criticism?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread