Not Marathon Infinity... (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 17:38 (2139 days ago) @ Harmanimus

That is a different context than I had been interpreting this discussion in, as I didn't hop over to HBO and haven't checked a bunch of other places I normally get my gaming discussion at.

I spend a lot of time on reddit, I still visit Kotaku and Polygon, too. I guess I can't say that context is the majority, it's certainly common.

Albeit I don't think providing consistent feedback with a desire to induce change is a negative. Straight up give you on the methodology, though.

I don't think it's necessarily negative, either. But who's to say that Halo Infinite is better than whatever the Halo 6 they were going to make would have been? We can never know, and obviously the prevailing thought for most people is that Infinite will be better than Halo 6 without a tonal change would have been. The fact that they made the change isn't inherently good or bad for me. I think a willingness to change and listen to fans is great, and it has me excited. It really is mainly just that context that really bugs me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread