Not Marathon Infinity... (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 12:51 (2146 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Am I too an internet fuckwit?

Do you repeatedly jump in every time Halo is mentioned to rant about how much 343i sucks? Then, no. But that is happening all over the internet and has been for years.

Or is there room for people like me who are happy to see a return of the style we grew up with and loved? I'm fine with disliking people who hang around just to complain, but I think you have to allow and respect those that stated their dislike then went somewhere else.

I’m fine with folks that disliked 343i Halo. I’m fine with folks being excited about a return to a classic art style. Hell, I’m excited. I’m bummed that it feels like 343i just got beat down by the internet mob. It’s that same sort of folks that harassed the actress from The Last Jedi enough that she quit social media.

Yes, I’m aware that my post was hyperbole and over-generalizations, but you and I both know I wasn’t talking about folks with reasonable complaints and the willingness to have a discussion. It’s the people that just want to be loud and can’t let go of the fact that 343i had a different idea about where Halo should go.

It’s also totally okay for 343i to react to those people and revise the direction of Halo. My real problem is the “we won! 343i sucks and we beat them into submission!” attitude that really bums me out. It’s happening in basically every fandom now, and it sucks, and I hate seeing those people feel like they won.

Maybe I’m just overestimating how negative those people were and the amount of general harassment that happened because of it, but I doubt it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread