I handled that poorly. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 13:53 (2136 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You all are correct. While I stand by my general sentiment, my language and tone wasn’t appropriate or conducive to actual discussion. I still have trouble letting my thoughts cool a minute before I post something. I’ll continue to try to be better.

There are legitimate complaints to be levied against 343i. By all means, continue to remind them that The Master Chief Collection is broken. By all means, make them aware that you don’t like the art or the story direction or gameplay changes. But at a certain point, let them make the art they want to create.

The return to the classic art style is cool. I prefer it too. It is inherently less interesting to me than seeing a different, new take on Halo though, which is what Halo 4 and 5 were. I pretty much always prefer the comic book mentality of changing art styles and different takes on familiar things. Canon matters far less to me than interesting ideas. That is not to say that others that feel differently are wrong. Just that I much prefer giving talented people room to create interesting new things, free from harassment. And I don’t think anyone here has crossed any line in that regard, but the internet in general certainly has, and I hope their return to old art styles isn’t a result of those people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread