Good move by ArenaNet (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 09:38 (2091 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Price and Fries were acting like a couple of douche-hats, and deserved to get fired.

Price made the whole thing a sexist issue, and lashed out (then mocked) a fan who offered respectful criticism, and who then apologized to her after her unprovoked snark.

Fries pretty much shut down fans' freedom to provide insight or criticism, which is a huge no-no in dev-community relationships. Basically saying "If there's something you don't agree with, keep your mouth shut".

I think this is a whole crap show all around, but those two did deserve to lose their position within the company.

I dunno. People are all turning this into either a "community is a pack of wolves" and "poor women in the gaming industry" stuff when it's a simple case of two people acting like idiots and losing their job because of it.

But what do I know, the devs I follow are far better with their community, and far more open to criticism and positive discourse.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread