Fan Communication (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 15:06 (2091 days ago) @ Harmanimus

While I’ve not seen all of the context regarding the related gender considerations; the initial response that started it was patronizing and detached from the actual comment itself (as I read them and reread them) and presented in a manner that is not normally how most such interactions are conducted with male developers.

See, I gotta disagree (with most of what you said) here. I thought it was the most respectful possibly way to deliver feedback. Which, to an extent, you're right! It's not normally how interactions with male developers go. The language used here actually feels to me like he was trying his best not to step on toes, like walking on egg shells. If that was the case, judging by what happened, it feels like the language was justified? (even though it didn't help anything, in the end)

And though super anecdotal, I ran this past several female friends of mine (all in the gaming/geek community) and none of them saw any issue whatsoever.

I feel bad she lost her job, I really do. This is a crappy situation all around...but it sounds to me like she's got a chip on her shoulder and she's projecting. Those types of issues severely impact people's function in life and we're seeing one possible end result of such issues.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread