Fan Communication (Gaming)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 17:37 (2113 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Firstly, I don't think Twitter is a personal bubble platform unless you make your Twitter private. The whole point design is around layered bubbles of followers that intertwine and interact. You can stand up on a podium of importance by having a bunch of followers, but at the end of the day everyone has the same access to everyone.

That’s fine, but that’s not a rule that’s baked into the platform anywhere. That’s an expectation that you have formed based on how you and people you choose to follow choose to see it. When I joined twitter it called itself a micro-blog. I(“@ Replies were invented by the users not by the design that you reference) Isn’t a blog a personal platform? When did it stop being a blog? Because they added replies? Blogs allow replies. Hell, I could edit other people’s comments on my blog if I wanted to. Lots of companies and web sites use it as a weird RSS feed or a pr wire. It’s not all discussion. Twitter sure as hell Is not going to tell us, they are too busy courting celebs (who absolutely do get to treat it as a broadcast medium, not a discussion medium and have a very different type of access), verifying nazis, and breaking third party application APIs to take the time to try to address behavior on the platform.

So, I say “I don’t know”. It is swimming upstream to try, but I also don’t see why someone can’t block whomever the hell they want.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread